If you’re using an Android phone, accessing your emails on the go is easy. Even if you have personal and business email addresses, it’s possible to manage multiple accounts on the same device.
That’s because setting up a personal email account on Gmail, Android’s default email app is quite simple. However, most business emails use a custom email address, requiring a manual setup.
Set Up Your Business eMail on Android Phone
Custom email addresses use a unique domain name instead of generic email providers extensions such as Gmail or Outlook. Username@mybusiness.com is an example – this address allows people to identify the name of a business or a website easily.
Setting up your business email on Gmail is a convenient solution. Doing it means you won’t have to log in to multiple platforms to manage your personal and business emails. It’s also free, and the familiar interface is easy to navigate.
Note that the steps to set up a business email on an Android phone may vary depending on your hosting provider and the type of control panel you use. Here, we are using GoDaddy’s cPanel.
Finding Your eMail Settings
To set up your email on Android, the first thing to do is to find the email account details.
- Log in to your Hostinger account. Then, navigate to Emails -> Email Accounts.
- On the left navigation pane, click Configuration settings.
- In the Configuration Settings section, find the Manual Configuration dropdown menu containing the email protocols – IMAP, SMTP, and POP. Copy the protocol name, hostname, and port as you’ll need them later.
- If you don’t have a custom email address yet, set it up by navigating to the Create new email account section and clicking Add email account.
- Create a new email address by entering an email name in the available field. Then, create a password, and click the Create button.
Adding and Setting Up a New eMail Account on Android Phone
Now that you have the email configuration details, it’s time to set up the email account on your Android device.
- Open the Gmail app. Tap the menu icon at the upper-left corner of the screen and select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Add account.
- You’ll see a Set up email window where you need to choose an email service. Since we’re about to set up a custom email, select Other.
- Enter your full email address and tap Manual Setup.
- The app will ask what account type your email is, which means choosing an email protocol to use. We recommend selecting IMAP since it lets you synchronize the email inbox across multiple devices. To do so, tap Personal (IMAP).
- Fill in the password and tap Next.
- Now it’s time to configure the Incoming server settings. The Username and Password fields will be automatically filled in with the appropriate details.
- Specify your IMAP Server and Port number – use the information from hPanel’s Email Accounts page. The Server should be imap.hostinger.com, and the Port – 993.
- Still, on the incoming server settings screen, click the drop-down menu under the Security type section. Select SSL/TLS (accept all certificates), then tap the Next button.
- Next, configure the Outgoing server settings. Both the Username and Password fields will be automatically filled with your full email address and email password.
- On the same outgoing server settings screen, enter smtp.hostinger.com into the SMTP Server field. Tap Next.
- On the Account options screen, set up the Sync frequency and any additional preferences, such as Sync email for this account. Tap Next.
- Lastly, type in Your name, which is the display name on messages you send from this account. You can also set an Account name, but it’s not mandatory. Tap Next to finish the process.
Accessing emails on your Android devices while you’re on the go is very convenient. You can set up multiple emails on your Android phone, which may include personal and business email addresses.
Setting up a personal email is simple while setting up a business one takes a little extra effort since you have to do it manually.
However, as long as you have all the necessary server configuration details, your business email will be accessible from your Android device in no time.